This month, Stampin’ Up! turned creative control of our monthly kit in the mail subscription design over to CEO, Sara Douglass. Her style is, “bold, vibrant, and artistic—with a little bit of sass,” which is exactly what the kit is like.
This month there was more than just a great kit delivered to your door. Sara included a FREE gift of Watercolor Pencils in every April box!
Watch as Sara herself shares step-by-step instructions and expert tips and tricks to get the most out of this vibrant kit!
Everything you need is in the box but sometimes we like to create alternate projects using the supplies. We share alternates each month on our Paper Pumpkin VIP Facebook Group for customers who subscribe to receive the kits from us.
Since this month Stampin’ Up! is revealing a new color in the kit, we had to share this with everyone.
This alternate project features supplies and stamps from the April 2017 “A Sara Thing” Paper Pumpkin kit. This quick “WOW” project uses the Stampin’ Up! Clear Mount Stamp Case to create a self-contained notepad and pen set perfect for on-the go. This is a project you’ll want to make for yourself and as gifts for friends, teachers, and co-workers.
Watercoloring with ink and Aqua Painters is used to add color to the striped paper layer and as an color accent on Watercolor Paper.
pre-cut stripe, tag & watercolor paper
Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper:
7” x 10-1/2” (case insert)
1” x 3-1/4” (pen)
2” x 4-1/4” (notepad)
- Use an Aqua Painter or the brush included in the kit to add Daffodil Delight ink at bottom of watercolor paper. Add Lemon Lime Twist to center of the paper. Work towards the Daffodil Delight to blend colors together. Allow to dry.
- Add Washi tape. Stamp greetings on tag and watercolor paper.
- Paint white areas of black and white striped paper with an Aqua Painter and Lemon Lime Twist ink. Allow to dry.
- Add layers to DSP. Place under stamp case cover. Add DSP to notepad top & pen.
- Non-Stampin’ Up! supplies: 4-1/4” x 7” note pad and Pentel RSVP pen.
We are gaga over the flower jewel in our new Lemon Lime Twist color.
Notepads: About $1.00-$2.00 per pad. Size shown are 4-1/2″ x 7″. If this size isn’t available, the more common 4″ x 6″ size can be used or a stack of 5″ x 8″ sized notepads can be cut down by most copy centers for a small fee. (price dependent on size, cutting cost, purchase location, sales & quantity)
Lemon Lime Twist