Card Candy Tutorial
Card Candy is a miniature piece of rubber stamping artwork. They are fun to make, swap at Stampin’ Up! events, and create with. Read on to explore a few sweet ways to create with card candy!
Stampin’ Up! OnStage and the CraftyPerson Card Candy Swap are coming up quickly. We’ve heard from a lot of people that they can’t wait for our annual swap. It has become a fun tradition! This year the swap theme is “Neutrals with a Pop of Color”. Click here to get the details and sign up for the swap.
We put together a quick tutorial that we shared with our email newsletter list last month. It’s a great way to your creativity flowing for the swap or just for the fun of it. We hope you enjoy the tutorial and that you’ll join the swap if you are going to OnStage!
Card Candy is a sweet way to create a quick project. They can also be the starting point for over-the-top cards or scrapbooks. The card candy in these projects features neutral colors with a pop of bright color! The Balloon Celebration stamps and the Balloon Balloon Bouquet Punch make it a piece of cake to create birthday themed projects!
Since we are excited about Card Candy this tutorial shows a “Neutral with a Pop of Color” card candy and 4 ways you can create sweet (and quick) projects with it.
MAKE CARD CANDY
- To make card candy, stamp greeting and layer paper squares.
- Ink solid balloon with Watermelon Wonder ink. Stamp off.
- Stamp on Whisper White cardstock.
- Ink dotted shadow image with same ink and stamp on balloon.
- Punch out balloon and 2 more from Silver Foil.
- Adhere stamped balloon with Stampin’ Dimensonals.
- Punch one end of 2” x 3-1/2” Watermelon Wonder cardstock with Ornate Tag Topper Punch.
- Thread both ends of the Seam Binding from the back of the tag and then through the loop in the ribbon.
- Add card candy to tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Now you have a quick and sweet card candy tag ready to gift!
- Fold 3” x 6” Whisper White in half along score line to create a 3” x 3” love note.
- Adhere Watermelon Wonder cardstock strip about 1/4” from bottom edge.
- Add card candy to the love note with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Leave a lovely birthday love note on a pillow, a co-worker’s desk or on a birthday gift.
CARD CANDY CARD SAMPLE ONE
- Emboss Watermelon Wonder cardstock strip with the Large Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.
- Adhere 1/4” from left edge of the pre-made Note Card.
- Add card candy to the note card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A note card for a birthday or any day is welcome in any mailbox!
CARD CANDY CARD SAMPLE ONE
- Fold 4-1/4” x 11” cardstock in half along score line.
- Layer cardstock and Designer Series Paper strips and adhere 1/4” from left edge of card.
- Add the card candy to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The lucky birthday girl will feel like celebrating when she receives this cute card from you!
[…] If you are attending OnStage Vancouver, we hope we you’ll join us for our fun, easy, and popular 2″ x 2″ Card Candy Swap! Those that have done this swap cheer for a repeat at each event. These 2″ x 2″ gems are quick to create and can be used so many ways. Haven’t heard of Card Candy before? Check out our previous tutorial and samples. […]
[…] You may be asking, what to do with these tiny bits of happiness? Take a look at our Card Candy Tutorial. […]