Frequently Asked Questions
Class in a Flash is produced every month. There are three ways in which you can subscribe to Class in a Flash: Monthly Subscription, 6-month Subscription or Individual Issues. We have developed this system to be delivered to you every month in your e-mail box.
What products do you offer and how does your service work?
- Class in a Flash planners are produced every month. There are three ways in which you can purchase Class in a Flash: Monthly Subscription, 6-month Subscription or Individual Issues. Our subscriptions work similar to a magazine subscription. Your planners are delivered to you every month in your e-mail box. Individual issues are available for immediate download after purchase.
- Club in a Flash planners are not monthly subscriptions, but a one-time purchase that gives you immediate access to all the materials to start planning your event in the moment.
What is the difference between Class in a Flash and Club in a Flash?
- There are two main differences between the Class in a Flash and Club in a Flash services. The first difference is when the planners are available. Class in a Flash is a monthly subscription, so planners are sent to our subscribers on the 10th of each month. We post back issues to our store a few days later where they can be purchased individually. Club in a Flash planners are intended as individual stand-alone services and are released directly to our store when available. If you are on our email list you will receive an email announcing each new planner.
The second difference between the two is with the scale and intended use of the planners. Class in a Flash planners generally consist of a few projects. They can be completed in a single 2-3 hour class or use parts of the project for workshop demonstrations. Club in a Flash planners have larger-scale projects and are designed for 4-6 hour stamp camps or 3, 6 or 12 month clubs.
I subscribe to Class in a Flash; will I see all the same documents in Club in a Flash?
- Most of the documents are very similar. You’ll be sure to see our most popular features in both planners, including the Demonstrator Planner, Customer Detail Instructions, Customer Summary Instructions, Blog Text, Marketing Flyer, Templates (if used) and Marketing Photos. One feature unique to Class in a Flash is the Card Template document. Because of the nature and scale of the Club in a Flash projects, alternate project samples are not always, but may sometimes be included.
You certainly offer a lot of resources. Can you give me more details on the different files?
- Our Class in a Flash Membership is all about downloads. In every issue, we provide to you all the resources you need to successfully market your business and classes. We provide files in several different file types to meet everyone’s needs.
We offer one large download (zip) or several smaller downloads each month for your convenience. We also offer the customers documents in both Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and Microsoft Word (DOC), so you can share immediately, or make modification and then share the files with your customers. We have more details about each file type on our Training Tips Blog.
Why is this product so inexpensive?
- You have seen other class planning services designed for demonstrators for so much more and you wonder why Class in a Flash is less? Class in a Flash can provide our class projects for less because we offer class projects more consistently as a monthly subscription. Because Class in a Flash is a subscription service we can offer reduced rates because we know that our costs are covered by our subscribers.
Club in a Flash, while more than Class in a Flash, is still a tremendous value for you. The detailed planners offer large-scale projects intended to help you plan a 3, 6 or 12 month club, large-scale party or to be used as a stamp camp format and can also be sold as project instructions directly to your customers. The purpose of Club in a Flash is to enable you to offer large-scale projects to your customers that you many not normally have time to plan and offer otherwise, and to give you inspiration on how to break down these larger projects and have your clubs planned months ahead of time!
What are the Payment Options?
- We accept Credit Cards and PayPal Payments. You will see both options on the checkout screen at the bottom. At this time our shopping cart cannot process recurring payment subscriptions with PayPal. Visit our PayPal page for more information. We do not accept personal check or money orders.
When/How will the issues be sent?
Every month we will send members one Class in a Flash Newsletter on the 10th of the month. If you subscribed between the 1st and the 9th of the month, your subscription will start the same month as you enrolled. If you subscribed on the 10th or after then next month will be your first subscription. Subscription information will be contained at the bottom of each newsletter.
What kind of project types can we expect?
- Projects will vary from month to month. Showcasing the variety, versatility, ease, enjoyment and functionality of stamping will be a focus when designing projects. Projects will be designed with next month's promotions/holidays if possible, giving you time to plan your class. Even if the project isn't your personal style it will appeal to many of your customers. Class in a Flash also offers suggestions and photos for using alternate stamp sets and color combinations to allow you to re-create the project to your style or for other occasions! We are always happy to get your suggestions! Add project suggestions to our blog.
How can I use this information?
- We produced all the information to make your life easier in doing business with your customers. You can provide the information to your customers through the following media options: give, post to your SU and personal websites, blogs, newsletters, email and snail mail. Please do not forward to a community or team website, your downline, sideline or upline. Please refer them to our website http://classinaflash.com instead. Our original artwork, templates and ideas are supplied for your customer business and may not be used for publications or contests. Only by limiting distribution to those who have subscribed can Class in a Flash continue to be offered to you at an affordable rate.
I'm not from the United States, do you have plans to expand to other countries?
We currently provide a United States and Canadian version. The Canadian version includes cost analysis, supplies and shopping lists all set-up with the Canadian dollar and SU Canada pricing and items. The instructions are American English and measurements in inches, not metric. As for other countries, we will evaluate the possibility based on interest levels. Please let us know if you are from one of the other SU global areas and we will be happy to consider offering the service to your area.
I live in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the UK, can I purchase from CIAF??
Absolutely! We are fortunate to have customers from all English speaking regions where Stampin' Up! operates! Here's what you need to know about how international purchases are made. Prices for Class in a Flash products are in US Dollars. Prices on international purchases are calculated by your credit card company based on the daily exchange rate and charged to your card in your home currency. Some credit cards charge a nominal fee for international purchases. You can contact your credit card company for their policies on international purchases. If you are purchasing internationally we love to hear your feedback as we are always evaluating the option of expanding and offering regional versions of Class in a Flash, but we need to hear from you!
Are back issues of Class in a Flash available for purchase?
Yes! Back issues of Class in a Flash are available on an individual basis. Costs for individual issues are higher than subscriptions due to the time and expense involved in storing, billing and providing individual copies. Back issue pricing is $9.97 per issue. Our subscribers benefit from reduced costs. When you purchase a back issue it will be available for immediate download after payment is received. You will only have 24 hours to download the information.
Can I sell the Customer Instructions without supplies? Can I sell online?
We appreciate that you are wanting to share with your customers and that you want to do it within the “rules” of your Class in a Flash subscription. Your willingness to do so allows us to keep the open formats you love and continue to offer Class in a Flash so affordably. We know it can all be a bit confusing, so hopefully this will help clarify.
The Customer Instruction and Customer Instructions Summary documents may be sold or given to as a special offer to your customers in person, email, snail mail or online from your SU website, personal website or blog. They may be sold to your customers with product or alone. They may not be sold or given in public forums, public groups or auctions sites such as SUDSOL, Splitcoast, Yahoo, Google, eBay, Etsy, etc. Please do not simply place the instructions on your blog for anyone to download or see as that would be the same as sharing in a public group. Please adhere to the policies provided in the Stampin' Up!(r) Demonstrator Manual in regards to marketing your business online. Customer Instructions and other planner materials may not be sold or given to other Demonstrators, as this would be in competition with us here at Class in a Flash! You must confirm that the purchase is being made by a customer not a Demonstrator by using the language following in bold with your posted classes.
Occasionally, you may have a case where your team members (downline) pay to attend one of your classes. In this instance, you may share the Customer Instructions with them as you would with any other customer. However you need to explain to them that you purchased the planner for your business use and let them know that if they plan to hold a class using the designs they need to purchase the planner from us so they have the license and complete information included in the planner.
“Please note these classes are not available to Stampin' Up! demonstrators. If you are a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator please contact me for more information.”If you receive contact from a Demonstrator please have them visit www.ClassinaFlash.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only by limiting distribution to those Demonstrators who have subscribed to Class in a Flash can we continue to offer the service to you at an affordable rate. Thank you, we truly appreciate your understanding and support! If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com.
How do I cancel my recurring payments?
It is important to us that you can cancel your subscription as easily as you can join. Every month we send you a receipt for your membership which includes cancellation instructions. We also include the instructions in your welcome email. Please take a moment now to bookmark this web page in your browsers favorites folders so you can refer back to these instructions.
Recurring monthly subscribers may cancel their subscriptions from their PayPal account: no questions asked, no long term commitments required. A subscription can be canceled up until the day of the next scheduled payment. For PayPal Subscribers please visit our PayPal Web page. If you have any problems or are paying by credit card please visit our Contact Page. We can request a cancellation on your behalf although please allow up to 3 days.
Sorry, but cancellations are not retroactive. We do not offer full or partial refunds for late cancellations or when cancelling your subscription in the middle of a subscription period.
I'm not very technical, can I still participate?
Computers can be fussy can't they? It is best that you are familiar with downloading files to your computer and understanding the different files types available. We provide generic instructions. If you need help, email us and we will do our best to assist.
Are there any special software requirements?
All materials are provided in Adobe Acrobat for viewing and printing. Most computers come with this software. The software is available for download.
The Customer Instructions are provided in Microsoft Word as well to allow the demonstrator to personalize the content. Class in a Flash Membership is all about downloads. We recommend a fast internet connection or a lot of patience. Please note we do not provide services or training on how to modify your documents or use the software. For technical tips and tricks please consider subscribing to our Technical Solutions Newsletter.
I did not receive the monthly newsletter in my email inbox on the 10th of the month?
- Amy and I are very consistent about sending out the CIAF newsletter on the 10th. Being consistent is very important to us so we are a resource you can rely on. Unfortunately, there are many reasons why you might not have received the newsletter. Here are some suggestions to look for. If you still have not received your newsletter by the 11th and after trying these suggestions you do not come across the newsletter please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some Internet Service Providers automatically block unfamiliar e-mail addresses. Sometimes these e-mails are delivered to the Junk or Quarantine folder, and sometimes they are never received at all, unless they are marked as safe.
- Please adjust you spam filters to allow e-mails from @craftyperson.com and @classinaflash.com
- If you are consistently not receiving our eNewsletters and our Tip of the Month emails, you may want to submit an alternate e-mail address. Do you have a Google, MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo!, or other personal e-mail addresses that you are willing to share?
Do you market this product to the public?
Class in a Flash is exclusively available to Stampin' Up!® demonstrators.
Our subscribers, however, can market the Customer Instructions, Marketing document, Blog text and photos to their customer base. Subscribers may not market or sell to other demonstrators, because that would be in direct competition with us, which we know you wouldn’t intend to do. The Demonstrator Planner and Card Layout template are copyright material and can not be sold, transferred or distributed in any way to anyone other than the Class in a Flash subscriber. In order for us to keep prices low and continue with our mission, to make our product available to all Stampin' Up!® demonstrators at a reasonable cost, we require a volume of demonstrators subscribing. We appreciate your support!
Some of my downline attend my classes. What part of Class in a Flash can I share with them?
- Yes, your downline may attend your events. If they do you may treat them as you would any other customer. You may share the Customer Documents which include your contact information, such as the Detailed and Summary Instructions and Templates with them. You may not share the Demonstrator Documents such as the Demonstrator Planner, Marketing Flyer, Blog Text, etc. with them.
Please let your downline know that they may not post photos of the projects to their DBWS or blog, advertise, or hold their own classes using the designs unless they purchase their own license by purchasing the planner from our store. Having your team members attend your events can be great training to get them started holding their own events. It’s important to encourage them to hold their own events too. Show them how easy and affordable it is to do with our Class in a Flash planner. We appreciate your support so we can continue to offer valuable, affordable class planners.
Can you suggest a good way to "archive" all the great planners I've bought from CraftyPerson over the years?
- Class in a Flash Membership is all about downloads. In every issue all the resources available to you will be listed on the right hand side column. You may download only the files you want or if you have a high-speed connection you can download the ZIP file that contains all the files. Not all computers or browsers react the same, if you have questions please visit our Tips and FAQ pages or contact our service department.
We recommend that each month you download all the Class in a Flash files that you use onto your computer's hard drive for safe keeping. Create the following folders:
Root Folder: classinaflash
Monthly Folder: may12-Everything Eleanor Box Set (month-name)
Move and extract all files into the monthly CIAF folder.